The NARIC network was established at the initiative of the European Commission in 1984 with the view to strengthen the exchange of reliable and updated information about recognition matters and facilitate contacts among EC Member States as a way of promoting mobility.
The Portuguese NARIC was created in 1986 following Portugal accession to the European Community and is parte of the General Directorate for Higher Education which is itself within the Ministry of Science, Technology and Higher Education.
- BENELUX Recognition Agreement
- EAR-HEI Manual - European Recognition Manual for Higher Education Institutions
- Conference “Towards a European Area of Skills and Qualifications”
- New Subsidiary Text to the Convention on Recognition of Qualifications concerning Higher Education in the European Region - Lisbon Recognition Convention
- e-flyer: Recognition of foreign academic degrees/diplomas (PT e EN)
- Recognition of Qualifications: Guide for foreigners